Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting to Goal - A Challenge

Jan-Maree from Cherry Red Quilter has issued a challenge to me and I really do hope that I will achieve it. She has challenged me to get all of this fabric ironed before bedtime on Sunday! She also dared me to show before and after pictures.  I will tell you that showing these before pictures makes me feel like I am lifting my petticoats to the world!

This challenge came about because I was lamenting about the piles of fabric in my sewing room. Don't get me wrong, I love and use all of my fabric and I am very grateful and thankful that I have it. But, in my quest to achieve my goal of being more organized so that I can work on multiple projects at a time without feeling buried by them, I had described one of my barriers to that goal as being the piles of fabric that needed to be ironed. My sister, Cheryl, used to iron most of my fabric for me but since she started quilting she has not had any time. So this fabric has accumulated over a period of time and I just rummage through it and cut off a piece of fabric as I need it and then just throw it back into the pile. Well, my pile of fabric has grown and toppled over into multiple piles and just keeps getting in the way. I often have to move it around to access the fabric that is ironed and put away. It is just more stuff that I need to keep shifting around in my sewing room and I really do need to get it put away!

I did start ironing it yesterday and this is what I have accomplished so far. I will definitely be ironing again today because Sunday evening will be here in no time and I want to meet the challenge.


7 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow!!!!!!! That's a lot of fabric to have to iron! But it will look and feel so good when it is all done and folded and then you will know exactly what you have.

Quilter Kathy said...

WoW! What a difference! Can you come over to my sewing room and do the same thing?!?!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

He he I am giggling here! I agree with Cathy - you will feel so good once it is done! Keep going!

Christine L said...

I had that challenge a few months back, but with myself...I did it, but it took a whole weekend also :) Good luck!

Cheryl said...

Soo Sorrry Ellen! love cheryl

I'm Myra said...

You've done such a good job so far there, maybe you could come sort through mine here, as it looks the same...

sunny said...

I need to take up this challenge myself! I need to iron and cut my scraps to useable sizes, and make a scrap quilt or three. Thanks for the motivation.