Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Week 3 - Orange

Courage Blocks
I now have 30 Courage quilt blocks made and I think I have to stop there even though I would like it a bit bigger. I got a little carried away and made too many block centers but I just did not have enough variety of leftover pieces to make the outer portion of the blocks. I am sure I will be able to use those extra block parts somewhere - maybe on the back or even in another quilt. I do still have some larger pieces of fabric in my stash so I could possibly add a border. Everytime I look at this quilt top I feel happy! Why not check out soscrappy's blog and see what everyone else has been up to this week!

This past week has just flown by for me. I am so far behind in checking out and commenting on my favourite blogs. It will take me a couple days to get all caught up and to see what everyone has worked on this week. One of the things that has taken a good part of my time is that I have been doing research to purchase another sewing machine. In between that and spending wonderful time with my family I was still able to work on some of my other projects and I will post about them later.

6 comments:

blauraute said...

Dear Ellen,
wonderful fabrics you used for this orange scrap blocks. Enjoy your walk on the other blogs and find many ideas.
Have a nice week and take care
Roswitha

Quilter Kathy said...

It is a very happy collection of blocks...way to go!

Kathy said...

Splendid look for your orange and green blocks. I just love the way the white lattice strips set off the colors. What machines are you considering?

Cathy said...

I agree with you about that quilt being happy inspiring. It is so bright and cheerful. I seriously thinking about a new machine as well. I have a husqvarna, one of the more expensive ones, supposed to have been made for quilting. And yet, it consistently gets hung up at seams joins, and not even thick ones, causing me to have to tug at it to get it moving again. What has your research led you to?

scraphappy said...

It is a happy quilt, I'm sure those extra bits will get used up somewhere. It is always fun to find the leftover bits showing up in future projects.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

It is looking great Ellen - a lovely happy quilt