Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Orange

Garden Fence Extra Blocks
Orange is such a strong colour and very often you either love it or hate it - I love it! I have been going through a bit of an orange phase while making my Garden Fence quilt and I couldn't be happier about it. I love this quilt!!! When I started working on it I made many, many blocks and I thought they would all go into the quilt. Once I started piecing it all together, I decided that it was just too big for me to handle so I set a few (10 blocks) aside thinking that maybe I would make another quilt for me??!!

Garden Fence Scraps
So I optimistically set the leftover bits of fabric aside hoping that the colour orange would come up in the Scrap Challenge and - yippee - it has. So my plan is to make another quilt very similar (let's call it a sister quilt) to the Garden Fence quilt. I know it sounds kinda been there, done that....but the first quilt will be leaving me and going to live at some else's home. I am sooooo excited!! Hop on over to soscrappy's blog and see what everyone else is working on.

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love orange too...and I loved your Garden Fence quilt, so how cool that you are making one just for YOU!!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Love this quilt and loving the orange too! Have fun!

Cheryl said...

Really love Garden Fence! So i know i will love this one too! I want to make this one toooooo! luv sis

Michelle said...

Love the colours and it looks great

scraphappy said...

So glad you are making one for you as well, it is going to be a great quilt and now you will be able to enjoy it as well.

Myra said...

Love this quilt! Great pattern and fabrics! 8-)

Connie said...

I'm like you, I just love that pattern. Orange is one of my favorite colors too!