Monday, October 10, 2011

Pathways - QOV - Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks

Quilt of Valour
This quilt is all finished and ready to go to it's new home. I think I will miss it because I absolutely love it! I think it turned out gorgeous - I am so happy with it's nice warm earthy look. I am making an assumption that it will be going to a male soldier but I may never really know because it is a totally anonymous gift. As I was making this quilt I thought about the soldier who would receive it. I don't know where it will end up - it could go to an older veteran or to a very young person, but regardless, I was thinking about the sacrifices that he has made and how it has affected his life - and I know that it surely has. I want the recipient to know that people do care and that his sacrifice and contribution is appreciated. I hope my small gift of a quilt will provide him with some comfort and let him know that he is respected and admired. I plan on writing a small note to go with the quilt just to let the recipient know how I feel.
Molly modeling Pathways (and her sweater)!

Pathways finished at approx. 72" x 84" and is quilted in a meandering design with off-white thread. The backing is a tone-on-tone creamy beige and it is bound in a dark brown solid. I love how it turned out and more importantly I loved making it! When I look at the pictures it seems that the lighter blocks really stand out but in real-life they don't - it must be the lighting or something that makes them appear that way in the pictures. I took these pictures a couple days ago when it was quite chilly - today we are having glorious weather.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!


8 comments:

Sandra said...

Lovely. I like the way the colours you've used make a traditional block look very contemporary.

vtquilter said...

Great colors and I love how this quilt turned out. I'm sure the lucy recipient will find comfort in snuggling under it.

Quiltbenaco said...

Meravigliosa trapunta!
Grazie
Ciao

Cathy said...

Beautiful quilt, and such a good cause for it to go to. Can you give me the contact info for that cause here in Canada? Seems to me that, since I work with vets in the hospital, it would be appropriate to send quilts to this organization.

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your pathways quilt turned out fabulous...congrats on a great finish!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

It is a beautiful gift and a beautiful gesture that is sure to warm the heart of whoever receives it! It bet it becomes a family treasure in its new home!

blauraute said...

Dear Ellen,
it's a great gesture and a wonderful gift. Beautiful fabrics and such warm colors. I can understand that you'll miss this quilt.
Take care
Roswitha

Connie said...

Beautiful quilt, love the colors and what a great cause!