Thursday, October 20, 2011

Jacob's Ladder - Week 4


Jacob's Ladder is such a versatile block. You can make it in many different versions - change the colour, change the fabric, change the layout but one thing you cannot change is this.


Jacob's Ladder Week 4

For some reason, even though I check and double check I still got something turned around. See the little 4-patch in the upper right corner - something is not quite right. Thankfully, I saw it before I had actually sewn it to the other strip. I only had to rip out one small seam to correct it. I don't know what it is with this block but this is a mistake I keep repeating and it's not just me! I think just about everyone participating in this quilt-along is having the same issues.

This weeks blocks share the same fabrics. The blue looks a little light at the moment but once I add more blocks to the mix it should fit right in.

Week 4 progress


6 comments:

mainer said...

They look good! Good thing you caught that mistake.

Cathy said...

It's good that you caught that goof before you sewed the whole thing together. I love all your blues going into this. This is one if my favourite blocks. It's so graphic, and has such a great range of layout possibilities.

blauraute said...

All the blocks lock goog. I think you can mixe the blocks into the whole quilt.
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha

Cherry Red Quilter said...

So glad you caught that mistake but still agorgeous quilt coming along nicely

Michelle said...

It's going to look so good.....

Cheryl said...

This pattern is so gorgeous, i can't wait until i see the whole top done! All the blocks together look a little off colour. I don't know if it is computer or camera! Love this block! love sis