Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jacob's Ladder - Week 3

Week 3
These are my newest additions to my Jacob's Ladder quilt. I made my blocks with different fabric choices this week instead of making two blocks exactly the same. I made a little boo-boo when making one of my blocks. I got the fabric wrong side out on parts of it. It isn't that noticeable - as a matter of fact - I didn't notice it until scrutinizing it after sewing it all together. I think I will just leave it...it is part of the charm! After searching through my blues and neutrals, I have come to the conclusion that I need to add more to my stash - what other conclusion could I possibly come to?? I like to have a lot of options available when I make a colour-controlled scrap quilt and any excuse to go fabric shopping works for me. I plan on visiting my sister Glenda (and depending on who will be joining me I could be taking a car full of other sisters) on Friday and we will go fabric shopping while there. I haven't shopped at her local fabric store for quite a long time so they should have lots of new stuff for me to look at.
Jacob's Ladder blocks

5 comments:

vtquilter said...

That is looking really good! Have fun shopping for more fabric. I've got the instructions written down for this... just need to decide on green or purples for mine!

blauraute said...

Dear Ellen,
your block looks very good. I hope in your car will be enough place for all the fabrics.
Have a nice time and take care
Roswitha

LuAnn said...

One time I was with a group and someone noticed that one of the girls had put a piece of her fabric in a quilt wrong side out. Her response, "Well I paid for both sides of that fabric so I thought I would show both of them." Have fun fabric shopping. I think a little Stash Enhancement is great once in awhile.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

The blocks look lovely and are coming together nicely - but you make me laugh - buying fabric for a SCRAP quilt....hhmmmm?

Mary said...

Need to buy more blues....? Well of course you do, and any quilter worthy of the name will support you in that. Anyway, very pretty blocks. We seem to be fond of the same color ways.