Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jacob's Ladder Quilt-along

Jacob's Ladder 1st 2 blocks
These are the first two blocks I have made so far for the quilt-along. My plan is basically a controlled scrappy version with darker blues and neutrals. As I was going through my stash and pulling fabrics to make my first two blocks I came to the realization that I just don't have enough variety within the blues and will probably need to add some fabrics that have a little bit of colour to them and I am leaning toward bits of red. I am really happy that this quilt-along is not a race to the finish (unless you want it to be!) and I plan on making a couple blocks each week. That will give me time to add more fabric options to the mix - I guess I will figure out the fabric selection as I go along. Many thanks to Impera Magna for hosting!

5 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

certainly looks pretty good so far!

Michelle said...

Looking very good.....

Anonymous said...

...love the colors and the contrast Ellen.....xo glenda

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Just love the Jacob's Ladder! I think it is a perfect quilt for our Jacob! luv sis

Myra said...

Ooo... I like! Took a peek at the others too... Very nice! Have fun with it! 8-)