Friday, October 7, 2011

Jacob's Ladder Quilt-along Blocks - Week 2

2nd set of blocks
Weekly additions
I have finished my second set of Jacob's Ladder blocks - doing only 2 a week means that it is going to be a long haul before I actually have enough blocks to complete my quilt. I really do like the slower pace for this quilt-along but I know that at some point it will be too hard for me to wait and I will just want to have the pleasure of seeing my quilt completed. For me, it is truly such a satisfying feeling to look at and to hold a quilt that I have finished. This quilt will be going to my nephew Jake (of course) once I get it all done. The slower pace also allows me the time to work on other projects simultaneously - like most quilters I have soooo many projects that I want to work on. One of those projects is Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. She will be starting another one in November and I definitely want to participate. I still have not finished last year's RRCB - I still need to baste it and quilt it. I plan on having it all done before the new mystery starts so that gives me about 3 weeks to git 'er done!

6 comments:

vtquilter said...

Love the colors on this... I might have to join in.....

Connie said...

Wonderful looking blocks! I agree that sometimes it is nice to have a couple projects that you can take your time on.....we all have so many projects.

Quiltbenaco said...

I progetti sono tanti e tutti interessanti....
Sicuramente riuscirai a portarli a termine....
ciao

Michelle said...

Wow the blocks look great.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Great blocks! Lucky nephew - it is just because... or is it for a special milestone?

Myra said...

Your blocks are wonderful Ellen!