Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pathways - A Quilt of Valour - Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks


Pathways ready for trimming and binding.
Yesterday was a good day! I got the 4 patches for the Leftover's quilt all sewn together the other day but I had to set them aside because I was ready for a change of pace. Snipping and pressing will have to wait a couple more days. I decided it was a perfect time to quilt my Pathways quilt. It was all basted and ready and waiting for me to pick it up and get going. My original plan was to do some straight line stitching but when I sat down in front of my sewing machine with it "things" changed. This quilt wanted to be free-motion quilted so I accommodated it and quilted it in a meandering design.

I am very happy with the result and I didn't have too many issues either - yayyy! I just need to trim it to size and make the binding. I actually prefer to make the binding and get that part out of the way while I am still cutting the pieces for the quilt but for some reason I did not do that. Ugh! Once I get to this stage I really don't want to start cutting for it again.

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go...that's a big quilting job finished...looks great!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

Anonymous said...

..it is beautiful Ellen ...I love the pattern! xo glenda

Connie said...

Looks beautiful, I always thing free-motion quilting is so much easier!
Quilting by the River

vtquilter said...

What a great quilt! I love the colors you chose. I like when the quilts tell us what they want...... mine are usually very quiet and that makes it difficult to figure out what will look good.