Friday, September 23, 2011

Garden Fence Quilt-Along

The quilt top I made for the Garden Fence Quilt-along has been completed and I LOVE IT! I could not be happier with it.

Backing Fabric
As I was making it, I was thinking it would go to one of my nieces but she has decided that she would prefer something else - all I can say is it is definitely her loss! So I have decided to give it to someone special who helped me get through a very challenging, painful and difficult time. She does not know that she will be receiving this gift so it will be a surprise and I do hope that she likes it as much as I do. I already have the backing picked out and have made a decision on the binding. I plan on using the diamond print fabric that is in the quilt top to bind it.
Binding Fabric

I don't have any of the diamond print fabric left so that needs to be purchased. My sister Cheryl lives much closer to the quilt shop so she will stop in and get it for me - just to make sure I don't miss out on it. So, my next steps are to make the backing and baste it all together and once that is all done quilt it. I already know how I will quilt it. I am going to use a loopy free motion pattern like I used on this quilt. I am very excited about this quilt!

Sorry, my pictures leave a lot to be desired - but even moreso today! The backing is actually hot pink and white and the block with the diamond print looks very orange when it is really quite pink with a bit of orange. It is a dull rainy day and the colours are off...and I have a lot of shadow on the quilt top... and the fabric looks rumpled...sort of like I am feeling today!




4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It is so dark here today that it seems like night!
Lovely garden fence quilt...I can't imagine someone turning down this quilt! Don't you just love working on a surprise?!

Cherry Red Quilter said...

This is a lovely quilt and i am sure the person who is going to receive it is going to be over the moon, as much by the quilt as by the gesture of appreciateion!

Anonymous said...

...Like all of your quilts Ellen, it is beautiful..xo Glenda

Connie said...

Your Garden Fence quilt is absolutely beautiful! I have my top done too and just have to get in the "big" quilting mood again.