Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fun & Games - Making Steady Progress


Fun & Games
Over that last few days I have spent quite a bit of time working on my Fun & Games quilt. I still have a few more whole blocks to make and then I need to tackle the partial blocks. This is just going to have to sit on my design wall for awhile because I am going to go on vacation for a week! I am flying to Nova Scotia with my Mom, my sister Glenda and her daughter Kim next week. We will be leaving on Wednesday and returning the following Wednesday. I am really looking forward to our trip. We plan on driving the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Island and also doing some whale watching (hopefully!!) among other things. In anticipation of my trip I took my sewing machine in for servicing yesterday and I miss it terribly. I thought it would be the perfect time to take my machine in for some TLC and it should be all ready for me to pick up when I return. It really does need a good cleaning because I have had it for almost 2 years and I have not had it serviced since. I do try to keep it clean and lint free but I do use it most days and quite heavily so I am sure there is some lint inside that I am not able to access. I no longer have a backup machine because I gave it to my sister Cheryl when she decided she would like to make quilts. I was originally going to give her my MIL's machine but I could not find it anywhere. There is a bit of an upside and that is I have been working on hand quilting my green Seven Sisters quilt and I am now more than half done - hip hip hooray!

9 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

have a great holiday

mainer said...

Those blocks are looking good. It is a good time to go to Cape Breton. Have fun!

blauraute said...

Your new blocks are looking great. I hope you and your family will have a great holiday. I just have a look at the map to know where Nova Scotia is. Good luck for whale watching.
Have a nice time and take care
Roswitha

Crispy said...

The quilt looks wonderful Ellen!! I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful time on your vacation (wish I was going too LOL).

Crispy

Quilter Kathy said...

Have a great vacation! Will you be near Digby? That's where I'm from...you have to try the local scallops...yum!

vtquilter said...

Have a great vacation.

Cheryl said...

Fun and Games is looking just wonderful! We can start to see the pattern now. Will miss you a little but have lots of fun! love sis

Myra said...

Love your what you are working on there Ellen! I love fall time colors...

You will love Nova Scotia, and the Cabot Trail is beautiful!! Whale watching is exciting too!! Can you tell I've been there, done that!?! lol!

Have a wonderful trip!

Connie said...

Your new quilt Fun & Games is looking great! Enjoy your vacation and be ready to quilt, quilt, quilt on your newly cleaned machine!