Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fun & Games and Just Plain Fun

Fun & Games Quilt Top & Molly @ 10 mths
Since my last post I have sewn Fun & Games into a quilt top and now I just have to figure out what I will use for borders. I was taking pictures for my reference and I wasn't going to publish them because the quilt doesn't look very different from my last showing (other than I fixed the block that was turned the wrong way) but Molly got in on one with the water bottle in her mouth and then, well you know, I have to show her! My sister Cheryl and I did have a little visit to our favourite quilt shop yesterday because they had their anniversary sale and had 29% off your purchase for 1 day only.  The shop was jam packed but we did have a great time picking out fabrics. All the shoppers were in a happy mood and there was kidding and joking going on while waiting to have our selections cut. Needless to say I did do some damage but I did get some fabric that just may work for the borders. I just need to do some auditions and then get it done.


While at the shop, I did buy a variety of fabrics to mostly add to my stash (and mostly only 1/4 meters) but I also bought some pink/brown fabrics for a quilt for my niece Kim. She had requested a baby blue/brown or pink/brown quilt and I had originally started collecting baby blues but I just couldn't seem to find enough variety for my liking. Yesterday, I saw some wonderful pink/brown fabrics and decided to get them instead. My plan is to add variety by using a wide range of browns and to just stick with these pinks.

Today is a very special day - my husband and I are celebrating our 26th anniversary. Happy Anniversary John - you are my love, my life, my heart!!

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your quilt. It looks fabulous, with all the warm fall colours. And your fabric purchases.........delicious. Hope you have a happy day celebrating 26 years.

Rose Marie said...

I was at Sew Sisters yesterday morning as well. Even though the lines were long to get fabric cut, it was a good day.

Love your quilt and you have a sweet puppy and Happy Anniversary.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your quilt top is fabulous! I love that layout! And your Molly is adorable! Congrats on the anniversary!

mainer said...

Your fabrics are lovely and that top is amazing. It doesn't need much of a border.

vtquilter said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! It was our 5th anniversary on the same day yesterday!
Love the fabrics and glad you had a good trip.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! You selected many very nice fabrics at the sale. I love a good bargain when fabric shopping.

Myra said...

The quilt top is wonderful, and Molly just tops it! 8-)

Great fabric! Love those blues for sure! Good for you!

A belated happy anniversary to you!! 26 hey!?! We celebrated our 27th year yesterday!! A day apart... ;)

LuAnn said...

That is a great quilt and just in time for fall, too!