Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday Night Sew In Results - Sept 2011

Fun & Games partial blocks completed
I love the concept of quilters all over the world participating in a sew-in togther and I am very happy to join in. One giant quilting bee! Even with the different time zones there will be an overlap where someone is finishing off for the night and someone else is just starting.

It felt really good to be back at my sewing machine and just sew away for the evening! I worked on my Fun & Games quilt and I got all of the partial blocks sewn and trimmed. Making the partial blocks was a step I was sort of dreading because I thought they would be difficult to make but I really didn't have any trouble at all - phew! I was also able to sew some of the blocks together into pairs before I decided to call it a night. This morning I laid it all out on the hall floor and took a picture of all of my efforts.

Fun & Games ready to be sewn into a quilt top
My design for this quilt includes a narrow inner border and a wider outer border but after I got it all laid out on the floor I was feeling I needed to make it bigger using more blocks and just not include the borders. After my husband had a look at it he felt that I should stick to my original plan and add the borders. So now my next step is to sew it all together (hopefully I won't get any turned around the wrong way) and then make decisions on what the borders will actually look like.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Nice progress on your blocks from the Friday night Sew In. I should try that on the next one and it would be fun to check on the progress of other quilter the following Saturday when the blog posts come out.

Janet said...

That is going to be a great quilt. And I love the name!

snippetsandyarns said...

Wow! That is a very impressive looking quilt top!

Bobbi said...

That quilt top is great!!!!!! It is like a BIG quilting bee!!!

scraphappy said...

What a fun pattern. It came together so quickly.

Connie said...

What a neat quilt pattern! Interesting way to make the blocks - partial, you're doing a great job!

Gina said...

Great progress on FSNI! Your quilt is beautiful! I love the colors. I've been inpsired by so many, (including your quilt) visiting everyone that participated!