Saturday, August 20, 2011

Whahoo - I am loving it!

Garden Fence QA - 31 blocks
This is what I have been working on lately and I am so loving it! I had been saving and collecting pink and orange fabrics along with teal to make a quilt for myself someday but when I saw this quilt pattern I had a change of plans. My orange and pink fabrics were screaming to be used in this quilt along with green and I had no choice but to listen to them! Who knows...I may still get my pink/orange/teal quilt someday because I didn't use up all of the fabric that I had been collecting. I have made more blocks since I took this picture and I still have about 12 more to make and then I will be ready to add the sashing. This quilt block is very easy to make but this quilt is demanding that I spend my time making it instead of working on my current projects. It is funny how that works! Click on the Garden Fence Quilt-along gadget in my sidebar so that you can join in the fun too!

8 comments:

LaDonna and Diana said...

I love this pattern and your colors are gorgeous!

LaDonna

Cherry Red Quilter said...

You are not the only one who is loving it - I love it too - great pattern and gorgeous colours!

Cathy said...

I LOVE IT!! It is gorgeous! The colours, the prints, all of it gorgeous. This is another, along with the 36 patch quilt along that is floating around blog land, that I am actively resisting. I simply can't add anything else to that UFO list and works in progress list. Or at least, not until I get some of them done.

Connie said...

It looks beautiful! It is a fun pattern to make isn't it? I just love your colors!

Crispy said...

OMGosh this so pretty Ellen!! So bright and cheerful, I can see why you are ignoring your other projects :0)

Crispy

scraphappy said...

Your color selection is just perfect. I can see why this one is calling on you to get it done. It is going to be stunning!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

The colors are AMAZING!

Pinks and Oranges together?? Never would have dreamed of it until seeing this!

vtquilter said...

Very pretty quilt! Is this one going to be for you?