Thursday, August 4, 2011

A New Project - Fun & Games


Sample block for Fun & Games Quilt
 Last May (wow! I really can't believe how quickly time flies) I went through what I call a creative period and I came up with a few quilt designs. I worked on these designs for the May Friday Night Sew In. One of the quilt designs I created uses the Domino block. I have an older version of EQ that my husband bought for me many years ago (version 4) and I never really got into using it because I just couldn't make it do what I wanted. I don't know if it is 1D10T error (idiot operator) or limitations with the program. Anyway...I had decided to load it onto my computer again and try it out. I still couldn't make it do what I wanted but I could at least use some of the blocks within the program to design some quilts. So, the first one that I am going to tackle is this one.

Vision of Fun & Games
Of course, I know that it will not have the same colours etc., but it will be similar - a scrappier rendition. My plan is to use lt. neutrals, beiges, golds, tans, rusts, browns - basically warm masculine colours. As you can see I made my first block as a sample and I like it a lot. I haven't figured out all the sizes yet because it is set on-point and I have to work out the partial blocks and corners. I am still not decided on the borders so I guess I will figure out all that stuff as I go. So the question is - which of my latest projects will become the leader/ender and which one will be the main one. I think I may just end up alternating between Leftovers and Fun & Games.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I like your sample block. A quilt made from those would be so warm and cosy.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

This looks really interesting - I like the sample block too!

Crispy said...

Your quilt design is great!! It's sad that you have probably the worse version of EQ. When I got it I just kept going back to version 3. Would you like my version 5, it's better than 4? Let me know :0)

Crispy

Connie said...

Neat looking block! I think I went from EQ3 to EQ5 then jumped to EQ7. I still have lots to learn with EQ, it is just making the time.

Lyn said...

Hello Ellen, I enjoyed seeing the block from EQ....Warm Regards, Lyn