Monday, August 1, 2011

Leftover's Quilt

Beginnings of a Quilt
I started preparations to make this quilt a little while ago and I have been spending little bits of time here and there cutting the fabric into 4.5" & 2.5" strips and then subcutting them into squares and also cutting light and dark 1.5" strips. I originally saw this quilt on Lori from Humble Quilts blog and she very generously provided an EQ drawing that gave the details for the block construction. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make one - I just loved the one she made!

I have since started sewing the 1.5" strips together - light and dark - and then started subcutting them. I was planning on sewing the little 4 patches as a leader/ender project but now I am just not sure. Maybe this will be a main project and I can start another one as the leader/ender? For now I will just continue sewing the 1.5" strips together and cutting them into 2sies until I decide what my next step will be.

5 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I am really looking forward to seeing how this quilt turns out - I LOVE scrap quilts and this looks really simple - a great way to showcase a multitude of scraps.

Crispy said...

Hooray for whittling down the scrap bin!! I look forward to seeing what you have in mind :0)

Crispy

Lori said...

My leader/ender quilts always turn to the main focus! LOL I look forward to seeing your progress.

vtquilter said...

That is going to be so pretty! I love projects like this... and my leader/enders tend to become the main project too! Good luck and look forward to progress pictures!

Connie said...

This looks like it will be a wonderful scrap quilt, we always need one for leader/enders.