Monday, August 8, 2011

I've Been Shopping!

My sister Cheryl and I have been visiting the fabric stores lately. My latest purchase is pictured above. I bought some red solid and some bits and pieces but really I needed to add to my stash of turquoise and white fabrics. I saw this very pretty block on Ann Marie's blog 16 Muddy Feet. As soon as I saw it I wanted it! Amy from Amy's Passion posted a tutorial on how to make a similar block and even though the final outcome does differ I think the same process applies. Amy's is a 3 colour version and Ann Marie's is 2 colour and the strips are sewn in a different arrangement. I really like them both so what is a girl to do? I think I will make a sample block in both arrangements and then try to decide. Who knows, I just may end up with two quilts instead of one. We also had a fabric shopping trip last week and Cheryl gave me a bunch of gorgeous fabrics for an early bday present and silly me I forgot to take a picture. She has started collecting orange, green and blue fabric for a new quilt as well - she is truly addicted! She now has 4 quilts in various stages from early design/ideas all the way to ready-to-quilt.

3 comments:

Crispy said...

Ooooo pretty fabrics!! I'm not sure who is enabling who, but you two are certainly having fun LOL.

Crispy

Marisa said...

Fabric shopping sounds like a lot of fun. I should do some more of that soon!

vtquilter said...

Such pretty fabrics. Can't wait to see how the turquoise ones turn out!