Thursday, August 11, 2011

Garden Fence Quilt-a-long - First Blocks

First group of blocks for Garden Fence Quilt
I have been totally distracted by this quilt pattern! After I finished hemming and hawwing and finally made my decision to join in I had to figure out which fabrics I was going to use. I belong to a program, Bargain Lover's Club, with my LQS and each month I receive several fat quarters of coordinated fabric. It is always a little surprise each month because I just never know what I will receive. Every once in a while I do get a package of fabric that I would not normally purchase but I am happy to receive because it just might challenge me to get out of my comfort zone. I just wash/iron it and put it away thinking that I may be able to eventually use it. Well I got to use some fabric from a couple of these bundles in these quilt blocks and I cannot be happier! The fat quarters I used were basically pink/orange/green so I went through my stash and added fabrics that would work and...voila I have enough to make a quilt and it is going to be very bright and happy looking!

7 comments:

vtquilter said...

Very cute blocks! Makes me think of a picnic for some reason.... keep up the good work.

Connie said...

Fantastic looking blocks! Glad you are joining!

Kathy said...

It's going to be a wonderful quilt. I like the way the white sashing is going to lock all the blocks together.

Crispy said...

Ooooo I'm lovin' the fabrics you are using for this quilt. It's going to be a stunner :0)

Crispy

Cathy said...

Those blocks are wonderful!! It is going to be a great quilt. I wanted to join in too, but I have to exert at least a little self discipline and get some of my WIP's done, since they are really starting to pile up, before starting another new project.

LuAnn said...

I'm trying hard to resist this quilt along, but your blocks are so cute. I love the fabrics you are using. Maybe I will just go over there and have a look. I love what you are doing!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

These blocks look so fresh, so pretty i can't wait to see it finished. I know its going to be a beauty!