Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red/White

Not too much going on around here! I pulled out all of the red strings that I had and I only got 5 - 8.5" blocks. I don't know yet what they will become part of but I am sure I will eventually think of something. I have really buckled down and am doing a major "scrap sorting/clearing/get projects finished" overhaul of my sewing room.  As part of that, I found some 2.5" red/neutral hst parts. Some were already sewn into hsts but many of them were just cut into pairs ready to be sewn together. This was from some long ago abandoned project that I don't even remember any more. I sewed them together into hsts and pressed and trimmed them and they are now ready to be used in "some" future project.  There were also a few that I ended up trimming to 2". One of the projects that made it to the top of my list of things to do was my Project Linus pink baby quilt - see my previous post. This quilt was from May's Rainbow Scrap Challenge and it is now complete and ready to be donated.

5 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I think red my be my favourite colour - the srtring blocks look great - can't wait to see what you do with them

mainer said...

Those hsts are so versatile. Have fun!

scraphappy said...

So much nicer to have scraps in some sort of blocks than random bits. Now they are ready to turn into a quilt at a moments notice

Brenda Kay said...

What a greta way to prpare all those scraps for future projects. I'll be watching to see where they end up.

Crispy said...

What a good girl to get things organized :0) I love that you too find things that you can't remember LOL.

Crispy