Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Project Linus / Pink Rainbow Scrap Challenge


Project Linus Newborn Quilt

I have been puttering around in my sewing room the last couple days just clearing away the last bits and pieces of previous projects. It's amazing the mess that can come from making quilts. I had made a little list of the things I wanted to get done before I tackled any new big projects. After diligently working away and crossing items off my list my Project Linus baby quilt finally made it's way to the top. When I picked it up to work on it yesterday it was just a completed quilt top and last night it was a completed quilt. When I had put it aside, I had already made the binding so that was all ready to go. It is not very big so it really did not take much time to baste and I had so much fun quilting it! I tried something new - it is free-motion quilted with loopy circles. I think they turned out great other than a few spots where my stitches got a little big going around some curves. I must remember to slow my hand movements down or speed up my machine as I go around.

Quilting Close-Up
Love the Backing!
I started making this quilt in May for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge which was, of course, the colour pink. As I was making it, and again yesterday, I couldn't help but think about who might receive this sweet little quilt. I wonder if it will go to a family that is celebrating the birth of a healthy baby girl or to a family that is going through a very difficult, stressful time. I hope that whoever receives it knows that it was made with love and care. This little quilt is newborn size and finishes at approx. 30" x 40".

5 comments:

blauraute said...

Dear Ellen,
it's wonderful to take a walk on your blog, there are several finished things. I can only say: everything is great. But your Heaven's Above is my favorite.
Have a nice summerday
Roswitha

LaDonna and Diana said...

The backing fabric is adorable! Perfect for the quilt! You did a good job on the quilting! Congrats on working your way through the list!

LaDonna

Cherry Red Quilter said...

This is a great little quilt and I am sure that it is going to be loved by whoever receives it!

Crispy said...

What a sweet little quilt. Who ever receives it will surly cherish it :0) Your loopy quilting is great!!

Crispy

scraphappy said...

Great work on the free motion quilting. Little quilts are such a great opportunity to practice. Love the pink quilt. It will make some little girl very happy