|RRCB completed top|
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
soscrappy's and check out what everyone else has been working on this week.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
This is actually an after picture of her because I had her groomed today. She has been really suffering with the heat and humidity (thankfully we do have central air) but everytime she had to go out I felt sorry for her. This is what she looked like a little earlier today.
She is my constant companion and I am really enjoying her!
|Roll Roll Cotton Boll under construction|
|Molly helping with the top (de)construction!|
|Molly @ 8 months|
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Not too much going on around here! I pulled out all of the red strings that I had and I only got 5 - 8.5" blocks. I don't know yet what they will become part of but I am sure I will eventually think of something. I have really buckled down and am doing a major "scrap sorting/clearing/get projects finished" overhaul of my sewing room. As part of that, I found some 2.5" red/neutral hst parts. Some were already sewn into hsts but many of them were just cut into pairs ready to be sewn together. This was from some long ago abandoned project that I don't even remember any more. I sewed them together into hsts and pressed and trimmed them and they are now ready to be used in "some" future project. There were also a few that I ended up trimming to 2". One of the projects that made it to the top of my list of things to do was my Project Linus pink baby quilt - see my previous post. This quilt was from May's Rainbow Scrap Challenge and it is now complete and ready to be donated.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
|Heaven's Above...It Must Be Love!|
This quilt finished at approx. 84" x 100" and I quilted it using a meandering design. The only deviation that I made from the pattern was I added an extra row of blocks to the length of the quilt. I just felt it needed to be a little longer. I had a bit of trouble getting started with the quilting. It took me about 2 hours to get everything set up correctly because my machine was not stitching properly. I had to rip out my work twice and adjust my machine settings, change the needle, change the bobbin, rethread the machine, rinse and repeat until I finally got it right. Once I got it set up correctly it really was smooth sailing with the quilting. I think I had so much trouble because I had laughed at my sister Cheryl (the new quilter) when she called me and told me how much trouble she was having trying to learn to free-motion quilt - serves me right!