Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where Has Time Gone?


Blue Wedding Quilt Fabric
Where does time go - is it stored away somewhere? I can't seem to find enough of it. I have been sidetracked by the warmer weather, trying to exercise more (who else gains 7 lbs in two weeks??!!!) and paying attention to and tracking what I eat. Please check out the SparkPeople website if you are interested in finding healthy eating and fitness plans that are absolutely free and, more importantly, realistic. Here in Canada we have to take advantage of the warmer weather when we can. Our summer season is just too short, so I am spending a lot more time outside and it has cut into my sewing and blogging time significantly. BUT now it has come to crunch time. I have a quilt planned to give as a wedding gift - it is going to be wonderful - I know it will be because it is from a Bonnie Hunter pattern. The problem is that the wedding is July 9 and I only just started cutting the fabric yesterday to make the quilt! I already had lots of neutral strips cut and waiting in my strip bins. I think I have enough ready for sub-cutting into the required units so I haven't started working on those. What I needed to cut was a ton of blue strips and I have started the process of sub-cutting them into smaller units. You know that Bonnie's quilts are made up from zillions of pieces! I will have to put aside everything that I have in-progess (Pathways, Project Linus pink blanket, Rainbow Scrap Challenge, etc.) and just focus on getting this quilt made. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
it will be a wonderful quilt. The title "Blue Haven Quilt" is beautiful for a wedding. I think you'll finish the quilt before July 9, because you are so busy.
Have a nice weekend
Roswitha

Quilter Kathy said...

I am having the same time issue...not enough hours in the day! Looks like a pile of fun there!

Cathy said...

On lovely summer days, as long as it isn't too windy, I take my fabrics, and sewing machine outside, so I can enjoy the 2 at the same time.

LaDonna and Diana said...

Love those blues! I know you can do it! Nothing like a deadline to get you going! It will be beautiful!

LaDonna

Crispy said...

I'm wishing you luck Ellen LOL. What I tend to do is give the partially finished quilt then take it back to finish....I'm not good under pressure :0)

Crispy