Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Quilt Update - Heaven's Above...It Must Be Love!

Completed Puss Blocks
I was chugging along and getting lots done on this quilt until I did a very silly thing. I had all 45 of the puss blocks completed and I had finished making all of the flying geese units needed to make up the star blocks. My downfall was that I had started sewing the flying geese units to 45 of the remaining hourglass blocks. You wouldn't think that was a bad thing but it seems that I am my own worst enemy. I should know better but I doubled my work on these blocks. I know that I always have trouble getting the correct finished size when I am making hsts or flying geese. Try as I might I am just not accurate enough. Well I thought that this time it would be alright and I just started sewing the flying geese to two sides of the hourglass units and after I pressed them I saw what a disaster is was! They were all crooked and off size - I didn't even have the heart to take a picture. Yesterday, I started unstitching and trimming all of the flying geese units and I am still at it today. What was I thinking!!! I am pretty sure that when I have finished this quilt it will be worth all of the effort but it is frustrating at the moment. Bonnie Hunter's instructions were well written and so far I haven't encountered any problems interpreting them. As I was making the blocks I was trying to think of a name for this quilt that would be a play on "My Blue Heaven" and it's name sort of jumped out at me. I think Heaven's Above...It Must Be Love! is a perfect name for this wedding quilt.

5 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Your quilt looks just lovely so far and i am absolutely sure it will be worth the effort. Love the name by the way! Keep at it!

blauraute said...

Your quilt looks beautiful, I love the colors and the way you did it. It's a wonderful name for this wedding quilt.
Tomorrow I'll start a new Mystery with blue scraps. I hope you can see it at the end of the week.
Have a nice time in your sewing room.
Hugs
Roswitha

Crispy said...

Argggghhh, that would be soooo frustrating!! The quilt will be well worth the effort and I hope your trimming will solve the problem. I too love the colors you are using and the name is great :0)

Crispy

LuAnn said...

I love the quilt - what great blocks. I also like the name you've chosen. Someone will really enjoy this quilt.

Quiltbenaco said...

Grazie per la visita e il commento che mi hai lasciato....
Il disegno del fiore non è mio, l'ho copiato da una rivista on-line a cui ero abbonata....
Ciao