Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Heaven's Above!

Star Blocks
I finally finished all 45 of the star blocks - don't they look great! Yup....that is a total of 90 blocks so far for this quilt top! I am very happy to report that I have already started sewing the blocks together to construct the quilt top and I think it is going to look fantastic.

Top Construction
After consultations with my sisters I have also decided to use a solid dark blue as my inner border and my binding and of course I still plan on using blue hourglass units as the outer border. My sisters, Cheryl, Christine and Sandra (and my nieces Eva-Anne and Deanna) came to visit yesterday. We had a lovely visit - I love spending time with my sisters (and nieces) - we always have so much fun together.

5 comments:

LaDonna and Diana said...

It sparkles! Good job!

LaDonna

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I love this quilt - it is gorgeous! And the dark blue sounds great too!

Cathy said...

It looks wonderful. They will be so happy with it.

Crispy said...

It's really pretty Ellen!! There is a lot of work in this quilt!!

Crispy

Connie said...

It is beautiful, your blocks look like they came out perfectly.