Thursday, June 30, 2011

Heaven's Above is a Beauty


Heaven's Above...It Must Be Love - without borders
I have completely finished the quilt top and I think this quilt has turned out really quite beautiful. I took a picture of it before I added the borders and for some reason forgot to take one after I added them. Sorry for the shadows in the picture. The only place I have room to spread out my quilt tops to take a picture is in my front hallway and I stand half way up the stairs leading up to the second floor and lean over the railing a bit.

Heaven's Above being basted
I am currently in the process of basting this quilt - I am just about half done so I think I will start quilting it tomorrow. I plan on quilting an all over meandering design using off-white thread. I am so happy with the way it looks so far and I would love to keep it for myself.

I did spend a little time today getting some fabrics ready for another quilt that I have planned. I am feeling less pressure about getting this quilt done in time (the wedding is July 9) so now I feel I am able to work on a few other things as well.

7 comments:

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
just in the moment your new post arrived I want to write a comment to your sisters wonderful quilt. It's so gorgeous. I think you've a great time sewing together.
Wow, I only can say to your Heaven's Above. The colors are so beautiful, and I think you are right to do the quilting with off-white theard. I can not wait to see it finish.
Have a nice week
Roswitha

Cherry Red Quilter said...

what a beautifyl classic quilt - just lovely! Love the colours too.

Quilter Kathy said...

So beautiful...congrats on a great quilt top!

Anonymous said...

Your Heaven's Above is beautiful Ellen, and so is Cheryl's Spring Romance ....I can't wait until I have the time and am ready to try my hand at making one...I hope I am just as as good at choosing colors and successful at putting it together...xo glenda

susiloci said...

Una maravilla de edredón seguro que el acolchado lo acabas rápidamente, ya estoy deseando verlo.
Los colores son muy hermosos.

Crispy said...

Oh my Ellen this quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! Well Done Girlfriend!!

Crispy

Cathy said...

It is bee-you-tee-full!!!! Fabulous job.