Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Project Linus Update

Project Linus Pink Quilt Top
My pink quilt top is almost ready to be layered and basted! I have one small adjustment that I want to make. The center flower square is "off" a little too much for my liking. I don't mind if things don't line up absolutely perfectly, this is a home-made item not factory made and that is part of the charm, but this center square is just too "charming". I will just try to unpick the center and see if I can align it a little better. Other than that, I am very happy with the way it has turned out. Next saturday, I expect to show my little pink baby quilt all completed. I want to try and quilt it using a different style of free-motion quilting other than meandering. We will see what happens when I sit down at the machine and start. I do have some ideas like simple loopy lines etc., in mind so that shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. Now I am off to see what everyone else worked on this week for the pink scrap challenge.

4 comments:

make.share.give said...

I can't tell which square you're talking about, but I know how it is...it will bother you if it's not fixed.
I'm excited for next Saturday, too. Happy Zombie has a pattern I want to work on in pink and other springy brights.

Crispy said...

I can't find the square either, but I know what you mean about something being too charming LOL. It is a sweet quilt :0)

Crispy

Angela said...

I can't tell from the picture either. I think it's really pretty!

Candace said...

How amazing to turn a bunch of scraps into a beautiful quilt.