Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Pink Project Linus

Project Linus Pink
I am having so much fun working on this little quilt and so far I am loving how it is turning out. I have chosen a cute block - a 4-patch variation and its construction is relatively simple. So far, I have used 1.5" and 2" pink strips from my bins and 3.5" solid white strips that came from my stash. I think the hardest part of making this quilt was actually choosing the block design. I have decided to limit my selection of fabrics to just two different pinks. My 4-patch is made of 2" strips of pink and the corner blocks and strips are made up from 1.5" strips of pink fabric sewn to the 3.5" white strips and then cut into 1.5" segments. The finished block will be 5".

Project Linus Pink Block Construction
I still have to think about the layout and whether I will be adding borders. It all depends on how many blocks I can make from my available fabric strips. I want to end up with a newborn size quilt and I have to follow the Project Linus guidelines for the finished size. They do provide quite a bit of leeway within each size category so I should be able to work it all out.

Happy Birthday today to my husband John! I am off to finish getting ready for our celebration so I will be checking out what everyone else is working on tomorrow.

8 comments:

blauraute said...

It's a wonderful project. I hope it will be soon finish. Congratulations to your husband and have a nice day.
Roswitha

scraphappy said...

What a sweet pattern, just perfect for your soft and peaceful pinks. It will be a real treasure when it is done.

mainer said...

Nice use of your fabrics!

Miss 376 said...

What lovely blocks, they are all coming together very nicely indeed

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Can't wait to see the finish! The lucky little girl will look pretty in pink! Hope you and John had a wonderful birthday celebration yesterday! Love sis

Crispy said...

This is going to make a little girl very happy. You did good picking the design :0)

Crispy

Angela said...

That is a great block and such pretty fabrics!

suzan almond said...

These blocks are so fresh - they will make a really lovely quilt !