Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Baby Bliss


Baby Bliss all done!
Woohoo! I just finished up sewing on the binding for this baby quilt today. This little quilt turned out to be such a cute little thing. I am very happy that I noticed that it needed the sashing along the outer edges before I actually had it all finished - I think it really did need it. I love the look of the quilt top and I also love that I got to use some leftover hsts from another family quilt. It is kind of fun when we look at the finished quilts together and we start pointing out which fabrics are shared among other family member's quilts. I ended up using leftover butterfly fabric from the backing of Bella Butterfly as the binding for this quilt. It really does fit very well because the butterflies are in both red-purples and blue-purples. This quilt is quilted in straight lines with white thread along each edge of the sashing - vertically and horizontally. I really did cut it close for one width of backing fabric - it finishes at approx. 41" x 47". This quilt is big enough that Lily will be able to use it for several years. A really sweet quilt for a really sweet baby girl.
I do wish I could take better photos of my quilts - they really do look quite nice in person!

9 comments:

Brenda Kay said...

What a lovely quilt. I just love the way the purples go together.

LaDonna and Diana said...

Nicely done, Ellen! You're right...the sashing along the edges really completes the quilt!

LaDonna

Quilter Kathy said...

A perfect little girl quilt! I love that when you can trace some of the fabrics back to the other quilts made for family members!

scraphappy said...

I think the quilt looks lovely in your picture. The purples all look so pretty together. I know it will be just perfect!

blauraute said...

I think it a wonderful quilt for a wonderful baby. The purples look all so beautiful together.
Have a nice and cozy week
Roswitha

Angela said...

It's totally gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Hi Sis

Yahoo! Another beauty added to the family! Lily will just love curling up to this blissful purple quilt. Cheryl

Crispy said...

Our pictures never do justice to our quilts. This one is definitely a beauty!!

Crispy

Candace said...

Awesome, I love purple.