Friday, May 13, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks - Another Soldier Star Update


Design Wall

I got a little distracted from working on this quilt top because I started sorting and cutting up my scraps. Let's just say that I don't think I will ever get that job finished. I am a little ADD when it comes to working on them - who can stay focussed on such a boring task. Not only that, I thought I was done but then I moved another pile of fabric and lo and behold there was another huge pile of scraps hidden underneath. I will try to whittle away at that pile over time but I guess I will just have to make the effort of dealing with my scraps as I make them so that I don't have to face such an overwhelming task!

My design wall is almost full and I still need to make 15 more blocks. I think I am spreading the ADD around because even though I need to make more blocks for this quilt I am already thinking about how the leftovers from this quilt would look in some kind of 9-patch pattern. For now, I need to get cracking on those last 15 blocks. I have just about everything prepared and ready to be cut or sewn together - I just have to get it done.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I am loving these blocks! I think it will be a terrific quilt! Each block looks so different depending on whether it's a light or a dark, or a print or solid looking fabric...my eyes want to look at every block!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I really love this pattern and the colours are simply wonderful! Can't wait to see the rest of the blocks!

Crispy said...

The quilt is looking great. Eventually you will get to the end of those scraps.....eventually :0)

Crispy