Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cheryl's Quilt


Fabric Strips for Cheryl's Quilt

On Wednesday, I drove to Toronto to pick my sister Cheryl up and bring her to my place for a couple days. Before we left, we stopped into my favourite quilt shop because they were having a 25% off sale. Needless to say, I did come home with some wonderful fabric and some notions. I did show restraint though because I bought small quantities of most of the fabrics so I really could have done much worse in the $ department. Once we got home the fun began! Cheryl had already prewashed her fabric so she started ironing it while I started cutting. Look at all her lovely fabrics! She has never made a quilt before so I gave her a bit of guidance and she was off and running. By the time Thursday evening rolled around she had two blocks already made. I think they look fantastic.
Cheryl's Quilt Blocks
We had a wonderful visit while she was here. We did a bit of shopping and a lot of laughing! I drove her home very early Friday (6:30 am) and we spent part of the day at her place trying to see if we could get a very sad sewing machine to work properly. We did our best but it doesn't seem to be able to do the job. I have my mother-in-law's very old Kenmore sewing machine here that Cheryl can use (my mother-in-law is 95 years old and lives in a nursing home). I will deliver it this week and hopefully it will work out for her.

2 comments:

Quiltbenaco said...

Bello l'abbinamento dei colori!
Ciao

Crispy said...

Hooray!! A new Quilter!! :0) I love the pink & green log cabins.

Crispy