Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple


Leftover HSTs from Purple Love
Oh my, I love the colour purple! For this month's challenge I had hoped for pink or purple because I needed to make a baby girl quilt. I had been thinking about what design I was going to use and as I was searching around for my pink and purple scraps (strips, squares, rectangles, strings), I found a bin of leftover half-square triangles. I had made a purple/turquoise quilt for my niece Eva-Anne that I called Purple Love and it was made with a ton of purple/purple hst, purple/neutral hst, and neutral/neutral hst and of course I made way too many. Once the colour was announced I decided that I would use some of the purple/purple hst in the baby quilt. First I did a rough sketch of my plan -
Baby Quilt Design Notes
and then I decided what fabric and sizes I would use for the center square and rectangles for the block. I also needed to decide what I will use for sashing between each block.  Now that I have that all out of the way I am ready to start!

8 comments:

Miss 376 said...

This is going to be a lovely project to work on

LuAnn said...

I like the fabrics you have in the photo; they will make a nice baby quilt.

blauraute said...

Your purple fabrics will make a very nice little girls quilt. I would use one color between each block, perhaps the same color which you use for the border.
Have a nice week
Roswitha

Kathy said...

How nice that you even have some premade purple and cream half sq triangles on hand. You have a great plan in place!

Crispy said...

Looks like a great plan Ellen :0) I will be watching as it develops.

Crispy

Quiltbenaco said...

Ho visto un sacco di belle cose sul tuo blog, tornerò per guardarlo con più calma....
per ora ciao ciao

desertskyquilts said...

A wonderful way to use the hst and scrappy purple. That's going to be great.

Angela said...

What a great use for all the HSTs this is going to be lovely!