Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple Baby Quilt

Baby Quilt
This is the progress I have made so far on the purple baby quilt for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. So far I am very happy with my choice of using the purple/purple hst squares. As you can see, some turquoise has also crept into the quilt top. That is what happens when you use up leftover bits and pieces from another quilt. These blocks will finish at 5" - I still have several more blocks to make because when I make a baby quilt I like it big enough that it can be used for many years by a young child. At this point, I am still on track for my original design that I had sketched out. I haven't decided whether to make the sashing in long strips or to just add smaller strips to each block and then stitch it all together. I have also been thinking about whether I will need to have cornerstones within the sashing. I won't make that decision until I start laying out the finished blocks with the sashing strips on my design wall. Now I am off to see what everyone else has made this week.

7 comments:

Char said...

Wow great job. You sure got a lot done!

scraphappy said...

What a sweet baby quilt. I definitely vote for cornerstones and smaller strips, but that might be because I am border challenged and long sashing strips seem just like borders to me.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a pretty baby quilt. You've done a great job.

Brenda Kay said...

What a lovely quilt. I especially like the touches of turquoise, they really set off the purple.

Crispy said...

A very pretty start on this quilt :0) I always have the hardest time doing long strips for the sashing so that the blocks line up properly LOL.

Crispy

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty blocks...love the bits of turquoise!

Angela said...

It looks really pretty already.