Friday, April 1, 2011

Lucky Stars is Done!

Lucky Stars

Lucky Stars












Yeah.....I am so happy!!!!! This is the quilt that I made for the Raven Stars Quilt-Along and it was designed by a young student. I started basting this quilt on Tuesday and finished that process on Wednesday morning. The next step was to quilt it and, for some reason, I had a quite a few issues while quilting this baby. My thread kept breaking and I was getting skipped stitches - my needle broke and I was having bobbin issues - arrrrh! I had cleaned and oiled my machine and changed the needle before I started working on this quilt and yet I had so many problems. I also changed my needle a couple times as well as replaced my bobbins to try and fix things but I just don't know what was going on. Anyway, I overcame all the troubles and got the quilting completed on Wednesday. On Thursday, I attached the binding by machine to the front and then hand stitched it to the back - just in time to have another finish for March. I have been feeling quite driven to get my quilt tops made into quilts and I am succeeding! I have decided that this little number will be going to my sister Cheryl. She is moving into a new apartment and I think it will make a great house-warming gift. The green fabric that I used on the front of the quilt was also used in another quilt I made for her - Magic Spinners. (I will write another post about that quilt at some point.) I absolutely love the black and white fabric that I used for the backing. 
Back of Lucky Stars
I still have some leftover and there is probably enough fabric to make pillowcases or pillows if she would like some. This quilt measures approx. 71" x 81" and was quilted in a meandering design using white thread.

3 comments:

Crispy said...

A beautiful finish Ellen!! :0)

Crispy

Cathy said...

It looks wonderful! Congrats on another finish

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Way to persevere through the quilting troubles; you have a beautiful finish.