Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Love "Finishes"

Finished Quilts!
I am starting to feel really good - I was feeling a little bogged down because I had way too many unfinished quilts on my list. I know that some quilters have a UFO list a mile long but I feel the need to have "finishes". For the month of March I completed 3 quilts - Full of Wonder, Lucky Stars and Flowers for Christine. I also made a little taggy quilt for my puppy, Molly. I really had hoped to also get Bella Butterfly completed before the end of March but I will have it completed early in April. My participation in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge has been slightly curtailed because I just couldn't feel creative nor could I add more to the "stuff" that needed to be finished. I feel terrific about my progress! I do still have a few other projects that are in various stages of completion  -

  • Roll Roll Cotton Boll - ready to be sewn into a quilt top
  • various string/scrap blocks
  • green/white/orange quilt - basted and ready to be quilted
  • gold/teal/raspberry quilt top (not sure what to do with it)
  • Seven Sisters (7 quilts that are a long term hand-stitching and hand-quilting project)
  • tons of scraps to be sorted and cut into useable pieces
I am also just about ready to start making another quilt using a block design from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks. I have the block pattern picked out and "sort of" decided on the fabrics. Now I just have to get going on it. I also have an idea for a purple baby quilt for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am feeling energized!

3 comments:

blauraute said...

It's wonderful that you're feeling energized. I'm very interesseted to the finish quilts.
You're so busy last month!!!
Have a nice and cozy week in your sewing room
Roswitha

Crispy said...

Woo Hoo!! Congrats on all the finishes!! At the rate I'm going I won't have anything finished this year LOL.

Crispy

Teaquilts said...

Great job on the finishes for March. I have way too many UFOs so I hope to get some completed this month. I'm hoping to follow your path and get at least three quilts completed this month.