Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In

I have finally decided what I will be working on for the Friday Night Sew-In - I think. I had been lamenting to my sister Cheryl that when I quilt by sewing machine it always is "meandering". I truly do love quilting in this style. The movement/motion/design just comes from within and it is what it is. There is no pre-planning or anything like that - it just happens. I am feeling like I need to branch out and stretch my abilities and try to learn to free-motion quilt using a different style/pattern. I don't think I want to do that on a whole quilt to start with but I do have lots of orphan blocks that I could practice on or maybe even just any fabric will do. So that's it - I will practice some other form of free-motion quilting on friday night. Time will need to be spent this week to prepare the blocks and myself for this adventure. I will be out of my comfort zone - please wish me luck because I have a feeling I will need it! If you want to join in the fun just click on the picture to sign up at Handmade by Heidi's blog.

1 comment:

Crispy said...

Good luck!! It will be fun to watch you try this out :0)

Crispy