Friday, March 18, 2011

Lucky Stars - Raven Stars Quilt-Along

Lucky Stars
I have been working away over the past week or so but really did not have anything to show and tell about. But I do now....I have finished stitching the Raven Stars Quilt-Along top. I am really pleased with the way it has turned out. As I was making it I was thinking that I should have chosen a solid white instead of the flowery white-on-white fabric but now I am very glad that I did. I feel like it gives it a warm cuddly feeling - the plain white may have made it look too stark. I have named this quilt Lucky Stars in honour of St. Patrick's Day because the green flower fabric looks quite like four-leaf clovers. Thank you again to Amy of Amy's Passions for hosting this quilt-along.

Over the last week or so I have accomplished quite a bit behind the scenes -
  • folded and put away all the fabric my sister ironed - it seemed to take forever
  • cleaned up my sewing room (it is always a work in progress)
  • made the backing for Full of Wonder
  • did more hand-quilting on my green Seven Sisters quilt (I am on my 3rd row - many more rows to go)
  • hand pieced more fuschia star components for another Seven Sisters quilt
  • made homemade starch - I used a recipe that calls for cooking the starch and it turned out great
  • put together the Lucky Stars quilt top
Tonight I am participating in the Friday Night Sew-In so I will be basting Full of Wonder but today I really needed to try and make something with green scraps so I have something to show for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge tomorrow. I didn't quite get it finished and I will really try to finish it tomorrow but between going to the dentist, running errands and celebrating my youngest son's birthday (Eric turned 21 on Wednesday) there may not be enough time.

4 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

What a lovely quilt - very dramatic too!

happy stitching!

Cheryl said...

Hi Eli

The quilt looks beautiful! Lucky Stars is the perfect name and quite fitting for St Patrick's day! I really think the boarders totally tie down all those stars. I really like how you did the three boarders and each in perfect combination and size. love sis

Crispy said...

The lucky star quilt is VERY pretty. I keep going back to look at it :0)

Crispy

LuAnn said...

Your quilt is beautiful; I love green, and I think the white fabric you used is great!
LuAnn