Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Looking Back on the Month of February


Full of Wonder, Bella Butterfly, Seven Sisters, Red Rainbow Scrap Challenge

The other day, when I was writing my post about the quilt top I made for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I was feeling bad about my quilting efforts for the month of February. I was feeling like I really had not accomplished very much and that somehow I should have done a lot more. Keeping a blog is a great way to keep track of the progress of projects worked on and I was much happier about my efforts for the month after reviewing my entries. So instead of feeling "bad" about not getting the red quilt top basted and quilted I started feeling good about what I did get done -

  • made the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Red quilt top
  • started Raven Stars Quilt-along and keeping up, ready to start the next step today
  • completed Bella Butterfly quilt top (Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks)
  • completed Full of Wonder quilt top
  • started hand quilting my green Seven Sisters quilt and worked on it again last night
  • decided which block to make next for Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks quilt - I just need to pick fabrics
Looks like I am going to have a very busy March because I do hope to get my machine pieced quilt tops all quilted and bound.
Come on Spring!
Happy Birthday to my sister Glenda! This is what it looks like outside this morning - enough already!!!!!

6 comments:

Connie said...

It sure looks like you got a lot done! Completed will come. I'm really looking forward to Spring too.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I think you have done a great job. Just remember to enjoy to the process as well out the outcome. happy stitching

Crispy said...

Goodness you really have gotten a lot done!! Certainly have put me to shame LOL. Knock on wood, we haven't had snow for a couple of weeks now. I hope this trend continues!!

Crispy

Lori said...

Fantastic quilt tops! it looks like you had a productive month!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

All those quilts tops look great together. Looks to me like you have four more quilt tops made more than i have! Very productive sis. Enjoy the fruits of your labour!

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
it's wonderful you've made in february. 4 fantastic quilt tops. Meanwhile we have a little bit spring in Germany. I hope it will be continue.
Have a nice and cozy weekend
Roswitha