Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In Results

Basting Full of Wonder

I always forget how much time it takes to complete each process when making a quilt.  I really am surprised  when I underestimate my timeline for completing each step. I guess it is something like giving birth - once the quilt is finished you don't think about how long it took you just revel in the completed quilt. So Friday evening I started getting everything ready for basting and by the time I was ready more than an hour had already passed. I worked on basting the quilt for a few hours and I got more than half done but then it was getting really late (past 11 pm and I had been up since 2:30 am) so I had to call it quits. Yesterday I was too busy to work on it so I will finish basting it this morning. One more thing to take off my to-do list! The next time I show this quilt it should be all done and ready to be given to my sister Christine.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this quilt. It sparkles!

mainer said...

Beautiful! Is there a pattern?

Quilter Kathy said...

I am the same way...I always WAY underestimate how long it will take me to complete a task.

Kathy said...

I enjoy hearing about your progress on this particular quilt. I really love the color combination that you chose.

Crispy said...

It's always amazing to see how long it takes to just get a quilt basted, which is why I went to using safety pins LOL.

Crispy