Friday, March 4, 2011

Can Anybody Help?? - Update

I spoke to my husband (he who knows about such things) and he said that it is a problem of the website that I had visited. So possibly it is actually Blogger that is having the issue because I assume that is where the pictures go that we upload into Blogger blogland. It looks like the address of the site where the picture is actually stored was 2.bp.blogspot.com and that was where the problem lies.

Unsafe Message
Does anyone know what this really means? I took a photo of the message on my screen. I have received this "message" once before and both times it happened I was looking at pictures on other quilting blogs. When it happened the first time, I sent an e-mail to the blog owner letting them know but also explaining that I didn't know what the problem was or if it was my own problem and I never heard back from her. It has happened on 2 different blogs and the message only presented itself after I had clicked for a close-up of a picture of a quilt. I didn't get this message when I just visited the blogs. I am not sure if it is my computer or something else...I had just run a virus scan and I didn't have any problems. I would appreciate any input as to what this means.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I think this likely means that your computer filters have caught something that doesn't seem right about the website and are recommending that you not visit it. I would just avoid that site for a while unless it is one of your favorites :)

Cherry Red Quilter said...

I had the same problem but with a photo on my blog. There didn't seem to be any logic to the fault as the photo was one of a batch that I uploaded and there was only a problem with one. I took down the photo and uploaded it again and the second time around there was no problem! Also, the second time around the photo was saved to a different blogspot location. My husband and your husband are in agreement it seems, that it is a Blogger issue rather than than a problem with your computer or with the post you were looking at. Hope this helps.

Crispy said...

I had this happen too and did as Cherry Red did with hers and it was just fine. It is Blogger's fault....they often have quirky things like this happen, probably because they are "fixing" something and it caused errors elsewhere.

Crispy