Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Raven Stars Quilt-Along 9 Patches

I have not been doing too much machine sewing since last Wednesday, as a matter of fact, I had not even turned on my sewing machine until yesterday. Late in the afternoon I started working on my 9-patches and I got all of them stitched together. I have printed out the instructions for the next step and hopefully I will find time to work on it during the week and not just at the last second.

Raven Stars Quilt-Along
They look a little dark to me but maybe when the white is added it will lighten it up a bit. I am really really busy these days but I do intend to keep up with this quilt-along and I also hope to keep up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge although I did not post for it last week.

This is the reason I have been so busy - my new guard dog....
Molly @ 3mths
...not very ferocious looking is she? Molly is a miniature schnauzer and she is wearing me out! It was hard to get her to stay still long enough in one spot to take this picture because she was more interested in playing. My hat is off to those of you that work and have young children and are also training a puppy. So far I think she will be a good dog. She is really eager to please and even though she has had a few "mistakes" she is getting better or maybe I am just getting better!


5 comments:

blauraute said...

Hi Ellen,
I think Molly is a wonderful little dog. She wants to spent many time with you. In the future she'll be a great quilt inspector!!!! I'm very interested seeing something news on Rainbow Challenge on saturday.
Have a nice week
Roswitha

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Molly looks adorable and once you get over the puppy stage I am sure you will have a fun and loyal companion for many years! Dogs are so worth the effort in the early days

Crispy said...

Awww isn't she a cutie!! She will keep you young LOL.

Crispy

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

She is so adorable! I think Deanna will fall in love the minute she sees her. I think the first question Deanna will have is "when can i babysit her?" I can't wait to see Raven Starts with the white in it! Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

That is so awesome that you are keeping up with the quilt along....blocks look great. I have a cute Molly dog too!