Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red

Full of Wonder Remnants
I had been so busy working on Full of Wonder this week that I really did not give myself any time to pull out my red scraps. So last night as I was sitting in my sewing room mulling over what I might do for my challenge I saw the remnants that I had left from my Full of Wonder quilt top and lo and behold there was all that red border that I had removed! I grouped the leftovers that I had from making the blocks and took a picture...surely there must be a quilt top in there somewhere! I do have some leftover light teal fabric that I did not include in the picture. I don't have a concrete plan yet but I was thinking maybe an on-point layout and possibly somehow integrating some 4 patches - it will definitely change as I go along! As you can see I made different sizes of the flower block as a trial and it looks like I have settled on the medium sized one. I am making them using the stitch and flip method and I am double sewing the triangles so I will also have some pinwheels that may be incorporated.


Flower Blocks
The quilt design is mine but the block design is not - I saw them on the blog Cherry Red Quilter and they are from the book Simply Charming. I was so excited about designing/making this quilt that I had trouble sleeping last night. I just kept thinking about different ideas and layouts etc! I didn't get to work on it a lot today because I had errands to run and I had to go to the dentist - ugh.

10 comments:

Miss 376 said...

I love your flower blocks, it's going to be a lovely quilt

Cattinka said...

OH, you do that too? I thought only I would dream about my projects. You really can be excited about these blocks, they look very nice.
KATRIN W.

Crispy said...

Ooooo I love these blocks!! They will be making a wonderful quilt....as soon as life leaves you alone so you can sew LOL.

Crispy

Kathy said...

What a fast turn around for the rejected border. You are getting so much done already and it's only the beginning of the month!

scraphappy said...

I hope you are able to get some time for yourself soon. It sounds like your quilt is anxious to be made. Such a fun pattern

Connie said...

I really like the blocks you are making from your border leftovers! Both sizes are neat and I like the 4 patches with the small ones.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I really love it! This is going to be another beauty! Love sis

blauraute said...

I love your flower blocks very much. Nice colors. Thank your for your comment.
Have a nice day and greetings from Germany
Roswitha

Angelcat said...

These look great, they are going to make a wonderful quilt

Elly D said...

Ooooh these look wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress :) Thank you for your visit last month and lovely comments. So sorry I didn't reply but I only just found your email. It had gone in my junk folder :/ Hopefully that won't happen again. All the best Ellyx