|Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red|
Well I have finally finished the quilt top that I was making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I did my best to use up all of the red that was leftover from the borders I had removed from the Full of Wonder quilt and I did a pretty good job of it. I still have some red left but not enough to complete the number of flowers needed to make the quilt larger. The quilt top is 60" x 71" - large enough for a couch quilt or to keep at the bottom of the bed to pull up on cold nights. Most of the pinwheels came from making the flower blocks. I used the stitch and flip method and double sewed the triangles before cutting them off. I needed to make a few extra though to be able to go around the whole quilt. I really enjoyed making this quilt top although I have no idea why it took me so long - I didn't even get it basted or quilted! I don't have a name for this quilt yet, I guess I will think of it while I am basting/quilting it. I feel like I have been moving in slow motion...maybe it is the winter blahs. I am looking forward to March's challenge but I don't know if I will be doing a whole quilt. I already have several waiting for basting and quilting and when I get too many unfinished quilts they quietly yell at me to get them done.