Friday, January 21, 2011

What did I do all Week? (Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks)


Butterfly Blocks
I have been working on different projects all week but not completing anything! I have made more Butterfly block components and now that I have just about enough to complete 1/2 of the quilt top I think that I will start joining them together into 12" blocks.

Butterfly HST & RRCB
I have cut a lot of different fabrics into 2.5 strips (way too many extra strips) and just have to add a few more fabrics so that I will really only use each fabric 4 times in the quilt top. I have been trying to stitch and trim the bonus HST's as I go along because they may become part of the quilt top but I have fallen a little behind on the trimming. I am also thinking about the actual design of the quilt top - maybe placing the blocks on-point might be an option...decisions...decisions. I have made progress on the Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery quilt and have completed the first part of Step 6. I can't wait until I get to see what the quilt top will look like once it is complete. I hope my fabric selections will work out.

I also spent time working on my hand-piecing of the fuschia Seven Sisters quilt and I also hand stitched together the backing that I will use for the green Seven Sisters. I hope to baste it next week and then start hand quilting it.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Beautiful butterflies - you have been busy all week!