Thursday, January 27, 2011

Roll Roll Cotton Boll Update

Roll Roll Cotton Boll
I have been working away at this quilt for a couple days and I am on Step 7 and at the point where I need to slice and stitch together the string blocks. I had a little bit of trouble with the addition of the HST strips to this block. My strips somehow ended up a little bit too big (I have a lot of trouble getting the 1/4" seam right) so I had to "take them all in". Of course I did them on the fly instead of taking them apart and putting them together properly. Hopefully my shortcut won't cause too much trouble later. I don't think it is too noticable right now mainly because my blocks are busy - okay - extremely busy. I sure hope that when the neutral string blocks are added that all of the blocks work together and that my HST points won't be all askew. I am not too worried about points matching together perfectly but I do want them to "sort of" match. It took quite a bit of time to make these blocks but I think it will be quick to put the string blocks together. I did one as a trial and it took just a couple minutes to cut a few apart and stitch one block together. Hopefully my next update will be the quilt top all sewn together and that I won't face too many challenges with matching things together.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Boy does it ever look nice. The pattern is really different. I did not picture it like this but i really like it.

Crispy said...

Wow what a pretty quilt!! Don't worry about the small stuff, like you said, it's so busy no one is going to notice!!

Crispy

Angelcat said...

I think it looks great!

Lori said...

It looks terrific! That quilt is so busy a few off seams will be fine! I have more than a few "off" ones in mine!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your blocks look fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration to get going on mine!