Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2011 - January

I am really looking forward to participating in this challenge. I have lots of scraps that are begging to be used up and I can't wait to see everyone else's progress. It took me a while to come up with an idea for January's challenge but I think I have figured it out. I have decided to use blue crumb blocks surrounded by white and then navy blue. My crumb blocks are 4" unfinished just because that's what size ruler I used to trim them. I have a limited amount of the navy blue so I do hope that I have enough to make a quilt that is big enough to cuddle with on the couch. My plan at the moment is to join the blocks together to make the quilt top and to make an inner border of crumb blocks all joined together in a strip and then a narrow outer border of navy blue. I don't think I will have enough blue for the binding so I will have to come up with something at that point. When I am designing/working on a project I have a lot of trouble visualizing what it will look like so I often make changes on the spur of the moment. I sure hope that I can get this done before January runs out!

10 comments:

scraphappy said...

What happy crumb blocks. Your plan sounds great. I like the way the white give the crumbs some room to shine.

Judy said...

Such an ambitious project. I cannot wait to see how it turns out. Keep us posted.

Amanda said...

These look pretty, it will be interesting to see how your quilt progresses.

Crispy said...

Your plan for your quilt sounds wonderful. I'll enjoy watching it come to life :0)

Crispy

Connie said...

What a great idea! I've never made a crumb cake block before. Good luck!

Logopaedchen/Kirsten said...

This looks really great...can´t wait to see the finished quilt

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Oh NEAT! If I hadn't known (or read) about the Scrap challenge, I would have thought those were framed pictures on the wall (4 of them). Kinda New Age Art :0)

The final quilt will be incredible!

Cheryl said...

They look great! I think they look like your looking out the windows! Sister

Kathy said...

Your tiny blue "crumb" blocks are very cute. I love piecing like this for my crazy quilt Christmas ornaments. Now this gives me an idea for what I might like to create from some of my blue scraps!

desertskyquilts said...

Great idea. I look forward to checking in at the end of the month and seeing how you did.