Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew In - Fuschia Seven Sisters

Fuschia Seven Sisters Stars
Last night on I worked on piecing one of my Seven Sisters quilts. This is the 4th quilt top that I am making in a series of seven that I am hand piecing and hand quilting. I started this top a while ago and I already had some of the stars in different stages of completion. Last night I joined half stars together to make complete stars. There are seven 6-pointed stars in each block and 12 blocks total. I put together 10 stars last night which is enough for 1.5 blocks. I added them to ones already completed and I now have enough for just over 4 blocks. Once I get all of the stars made I will start cutting the fabric for the joining diamonds and background pieces.

3 comments:

Crispy said...

Oooo two of my favorite things, stars and red fabric. This is going to be beautiful

Crispy

PS - Sorry I couldn't answer your e-mails as my sister's computer was down, then I was traveling, then had to work all day yesterday. Hopefully I'm back in the blogging groove again.

Heidi said...

Wow! You are amazing.. all by hand.

kaye said...

you are amazing-- Kaye—the road goes ever ever on