Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blue Eyes - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Blue Eyes
I have made really good progress on Blue Eyes. After making some string blocks and auditioning them as a border for the quilt I decided that I would just leave it the way it is. I am very happy with the way it has turned out. It is now all basted and ready for quilting. I decided to use the galaxy/night sky print I had been considering for a border for the backing and binding instead. A piece of this fabric must have come from fabric that I received from my sister-in-law's stash after she passed away because when I was cutting and piecing the backing together I noticed that they came from different lots. We didn't necessarily have the same taste in all our fabric choices but it makes me feel really good to use her fabric. I try to include many of her fabrics (she had a pretty good stash) when possible in quilts I make because I think that it honours her when I do.

8 comments:

Cattinka said...

What a beautiful quilt, I can´t believe how fast you got it done. I am very impressed.
KATRIN W.

Just One More Thing said...

Absolutely gorgeous. What a lovely way to honor a loved one.

heather said...

I like your quilt a lot. Great way to incorporate your sister-in-law's fabric also.

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go! I agree that you honour your sister-in-law by using her stash fabric in your quilts.

Kathy said...

Your Blue Eyes quilt is lovely. I sure do like the way you have used so many crumb blocks in piecing the border.

Angelcat said...

It's wonderfu;. And what a lovely way to remember your sister-in-law

scraphappy said...

What a great quilt and such a quick finish! It looks like you will be hand quilting it. Have fun with the rest of the quilt.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Blue Eyes is lovely! What a wonderful way to remember your sister in law by using her fabric in your projects!