Joyfully sharing my quilting journey and other bits and pieces that make up daily life.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Blue Eyes - Rainbow Scrap Challenge
I have made really good progress on Blue Eyes. After making some string blocks and auditioning them as a border for the quilt I decided that I would just leave it the way it is. I am very happy with the way it has turned out. It is now all basted and ready for quilting. I decided to use the galaxy/night sky print I had been considering for a border for the backing and binding instead. A piece of this fabric must have come from fabric that I received from my sister-in-law's stash after she passed away because when I was cutting and piecing the backing together I noticed that they came from different lots. We didn't necessarily have the same taste in all our fabric choices but it makes me feel really good to use her fabric. I try to include many of her fabrics (she had a pretty good stash) when possible in quilts I make because I think that it honours her when I do.