Saturday, January 15, 2011
Blue Eyes - Rainbow Scrap Challenge
This quilt has been named Blue Eyes. When my sister Cheryl saw my original post showing the 4 blocks grouped together she felt that she was looking into blue eyes and so now it has a name. I finished the quilt top and I really do love it but it is just too small - it's only 57" x 68". It may be okay for me to use on the couch because I am only 5' tall but my husband is much taller. Darn I wish I had more of the navy blue fabric so that I could make more of the blocks! I really do prefer to make quilts that are at least big enough for a twin bed. Oh well - at this point I may add another border even though I do like it the way it looks now. I have a night sky/galaxy print that is blue/black and starry and it could possibly work or I could add blue string blocks around the outer edge. I do still have lots of blue strings left in my bins. I will have to keep looking at it and think about it for a while. I didn't have too much trouble putting it together but I do see that my crumb square border is a little rippley. I used spray starch on the squares as I was cutting them and I am sure that helped it from being a bigger issue. I think/hope that basting and quilting won't be too much of a problem.