Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas





Mark's Quilt

My eldest son fell and broke his ankle a couple days ago so he is having an extended visit with us. It is really great to have the whole family together for a few days. He is sleeping in my sewing room - we have placed a mattress on the floor for him so I cannot really get into my sewing room to get any work done. I had planned on working on my Roll Roll Cotton Boll Mystery Quilt-a-long (from Bonnie Hunter) but I will have lots of time later. This is a great opportunity for me to work on the quilt that I am making for my brother Mark. I had intended on giving it to him last year and I really would have except that at the last minute I had decided to hand quilt it. I have only hand quilted once before and I am not very good at it but with practice...... I have completed quilting the center and I am now working on the borders. I am quilting the borders al a Tonya Ricucci from Lazy Gal Quilting and Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville - free hand Baptist Fans and they are really wonky but I am loving it. Hopefully, I will get it completed soon because my brother must think I have totally forgotten about his quilt.

I got a new camera for Christmas from my husband and I am trying it out. I think I still need practice but eventually I will be able to get good quilt shots and figure out how to place them properly on my blog.

Merry Christmas to all!



No comments: