Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Quilts


Woodland

The River



 
 
I made a quilt for each of my sons for Christmas. I was inspired by Mary of Making Scrap Quilts from Stash. She can be found at  http://blog.maryquilts.com/. The patterns that inspired me are http://www.maryquilts.com/new-forest-bricks/ and http://www.maryquilts.com/boxed-squares/. I LOVE  how they turned out. The first one I made ended up smaller than I had wanted but it is still perfect for my son. I ran out of brown fabric and instead of running out to buy more I just called it done. It is made from solid brown and various greens and it just looked so woodsy that I named it Woodland.  I made the second quilt for my youngest son and it is named The River. He wanted a quilt that was made with green fabric but I just had to add some blue. I didn't have enough solid green and the quilt shop didn't have enough in the store so they had to order some. While I was waiting for the green I got all of the other fabric cut and ready to go. I was running out of time but I couldn't start piecing because I needed the green for the center squares. Well once I got the missing fabric I worked like a madwoman and got it all done in time. I am so pleased with both quilts and I think my sons are too (even though for some reason they are not as enthusiastic as I am - go figure!!!!). I quilted them both with a meandering pattern.

For some reason the colours don't really appear as they do in "real-life". I guess that is something that I will have to work on.






2 comments:

Lori said...

They are wonderful quilts! My family doesn't show a lot of enthusiasm for my quilts, but I know they like them.

Teaquilts said...

It's great that you started a blog. I enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to more in the future. To answer a question, I remembers seeing in blogger advertisment for printing your blog into journals. I sure a search on blogspot should lead you in the right direction. I'm leaving now to be your first follower. Enjoy blogging and I look forward to seeing some of your other projects.